Since this is my first blog post, I thought I would set the stage for what you can expect from this blog.
I am Debbie Hooper, principal at Delmarva Genealogy Associates. If you haven’t read the “About” page, you probably don’t know that I have been performing genealogy research in the Delaware, Maryland, and Virginia areas for over 20 years. I began with my own family in Caroline County, Maryland, and started accepting clients about five years ago.
The purpose of this blog is multifaceted. I hope to educate readers about genealogy in general, as well as inform readers about researching in the Delmarva area. So you can expect blog posts about:
- the Delmarva area in general
- what life was like on the Delmarva peninsula
- interesting things I find during my research
- answers to questions readers may have
- how to research your ancestors in Delaware, Maryland, and Virginia
- suggestions for breaking through a genealogical brickwall
Your comments and questions are welcomed. Feel free to use the comments section of this blog, or you can email me directly at email@example.com.
I am looking forward to sharing information with you on Delmarva genealogy.