My name is Debbie Hooper, and I am the principal of Delmarva Genealogy Associates.
I have been performing genealogy research for over 20 years. My love of family history began as a child when I enjoyed listening to stories from my grandparents and my great-aunt.
As a young mother, I was fortunate enough to inherit a needlework sampler from my grandmother. I was certain that the sampler came from someone in my family’s past. Although the name of the stitcher was not known by any of my grandmother’s surviving relatives, I was sure that the sampler was created by a former family member.
That sampler began my genealogical quest. More than twenty years later, that same sampler hangs proudly on my living room wall directly over an antique table that also belonged to my grandmother. I found the family member who stitched that sampler not long after beginning my search. But one thing led to another, and the searching further and further back into my family’s history has not yet ended.
My love for genealogy has enabled me to acquire many hours of education on the subject. My passion enabled me to help others to locate their lost ancestors. I have also written several books with genealogy source information
I would love to help you with your genealogy projects. I look forward to working with you in the future.
- Association for Professional Genealogists
- National Genealogical Society
- New England Historical and Genealogical Society
- Maryland Genealogical Society
- Maryland Historical Society
- Delaware Genealogical Society
- Ohio Genealogical Society
- Upper Shore Genealogical Society
- Downstate Delaware Genealogical Society
- Sussex County Genealogical Society
- Utah Genealogical Association
- Virginia Genealogical Society